5 Sustainable New Year's Resolutions
With a new year comes new hopes, aspirations and resolutions; we take time to reflect upon the way in which we live our lives, scrutinising where we might do better. This year is no different and despite our prowess at shopping second hand cashmere, the urge to play our best part in this ever-changing world is strong.
Here at Nearly New Cashmere we have spent this week discussing how we want to make changes in our own lives... To make your (new improved) life easier we have put together our top 5 resolutions, we hope they’ll inspire you:
1. Let’s all follow the second-hand first rule. Before you click buy on that beautiful cashmere polo neck, check out our collection – and if you can’t find what you’re looking for, simply email our new customer services administrator, Helen – she’s lovely!
2. Why wait for best? If the past couple of years have taught us anything, it’s to wear our best more often. So, dig out that beautiful leather belt or silk scarf and make it a part of your everyday look – doesn’t that feel good?
3. Do your research… there are a few unfair fashion brands out there who aren’t abiding by the law when it comes to paying their employees a fair and decent wage. Make an oath that you won’t give them your hard earned pennies and find a brand which has earned them.
4. Make do and mend if necessary. We have been sharing some videos lately on how you can easily mend any pieces of clothing which are in need. Pick that needle up, it really is more simple than you think!
5. Do less laundry. Sounds great doesn’t it? 25% of a garments’ carbon footprint comes from how we care for it. Wear it more than once, or twice, or… you get the picture.
Start as you mean to go on and shop for quality cashmere this new year!